Tuesday, April 21, 2015

What inspires me.

I started writing at the age of 16. I am 50+. I have been married for over 30 years to a wonderful man Lance.

I work in the construction field (concrete) it's been 24 years now. Thats me in the orange shirt running a screed.

I never published anything until 2012 (ebook). My husband gave me the courage to do so.

My First book

I write mostly romance, suspence, action, mystery and adventure. I dabble in Paranormal and YA. I have learned a lot from reading forums, blogs and joining groups. They are greatly appreciated and helpful. But something I discovered, everyone has their own writing styles. I see so many writers trying to copy (myself included) these writing styles, it doesn't work, and you can tell when reading the book. So I stick with what I know and my own style, either readers like or they don't.

I write about construction, because I know that. I know how hard it can be on women, I write that. Buff men? yeah I meet a lot of them, but they are not all ribbed up, but very, very muscular. My work schedule is sometimes 14 hr days. So I don't get to visit forums and groups as much as I would like to. That's why I get lost, in them.
My biggest writing problem, capitalizing the letter (I)....uggg. I still have a lot to learn and I hope I can help someone as well.

Some of my inspirations come from jobs I work on. Something will happen and the next thing I know I am writing about it. They also come from dreams or certain thoughts. In 1985 I imagined this dress, a black leather dress with a zipper that ran up the front. That's when my first real story evolved from. In the Mind of Misty. I actually found this dress on-line.

I have several books written, some have been sitting for years. One day I hope to see all of them published. Of course they need to be revived, but I am looking forward to that.

Here are my Max & Kate Series.


My favorite PC Game is Guild Wars. My favorite character's are the Bow and Ritualists